And more. If it's an American made V-Twin, we can do it!
Key Benefits of
preventive maintenanceThe old adage says, "An ounce of prevention is worth a
pound of cure"... For motorcycles the same rings true except it
could be $1,000.00's (or more!) for a cure.
Preventing break-downs before they occur, maintaining
your ride to its peak performance and even replacing some components
BEFORE they fail... No, even we can't prevent ALL failures, but
there are so many things to look after on your ride, leaving them to
neglect can only lead to more costly repairs.
As any experienced rider already knows, we have enough
to worry about when we're on the road. Who wants to sour the ride by
worrying about that noise in the primary, sticking throttle, squeaking
brakes, etc. With Mobile Cycle Service,
you can put your mind at ease to know that we have thoroughly inspected
every component and recommended all points of concern when we service
With Springtime upon us and a lots of great rides
ahead, it's time for a check-up! Even if your ride has been
garaged and was working pretty well the last time you rode, it still
pays to go over the entire bike just to make sure.
- Brake pads and Brake fluid
- Yes, brake fluid has a life and then it dies.
It can become contaminated and worn out. (Literally, an
ounce of prevention here...)
- Brake pads will wear out at different
intervals based on your riding style.
- Cable inspection and
lubrication (Clutch and throttle)
- Activity and even inactivity are both
culprits to cable failure. Frequent usage without proper
lubrication can damage cables.
- Lack of usage and/or
lubrication and the cables can become rusted and dry. (Less than
an ounce to fix this one!)
- Fork Seals and suspension
- Leaking seals can lead to poor performance
and handling. The same for broken or leaking shocks.
- For those with air suspension, those little tiny hoses and their
seals can age and crack... Better to fix them before the ride.
- Tire condition and air
- Even though your bike may not have been
ridden, the rubber on your tires continues to deteriorate.
- Pressure check and more importantly, tread depth and tire
condition are things to look for here.
- A vast majority of breakdowns occur from
electrical problems. Electricity starts with your battery
and provides for the entire bike.
- Today's AGM batteries
offer higher cold cranking amps, long life and improved
- Belt & pulley or chain and
- Proper adjustment is most important to extend
the life of these components. Belts are made of some pretty
tough material these days, but they are still susceptible to
corrosion and tears.
- Chains need to be clean and lubed and
sprockets need to be checked for wear.
- Although these should be checked before every
ride, replacement can sometimes be a bear.
- Primary chain tension and
- Improper adjustment will definitely lead to
additional problems and premature wear.
- Clutch adjustment
- Depending on your riding style,
clutch plates will wear out at different rates. As
the plates wear, lack of adjustment will lead to
- It is possible to extend the life of
your clutch plates with regular adjustment.
Schedule Request Form
Check mark "Schedule me for a checkup", Select the
Category, and then let us know how to contact you.